Precious Paws Rescue, Inc.
Adoption Policies, Terms & Conditions
Adoption Application & Agreement Policies
(1) Please be honest and give complete information on your adoption application form. Giving false or incorrect information could cause delays in processing your application, or in some cases, can be grounds for it to be voided or declined by PPR, Inc.
(2) Please understand that we may receive multiple applications for the same pet, and we at PPR, Inc. strive to attain the “best possible match” between pets and their potential “forever homes.” We try to make sure that each adoption is as complete a match, and as safe as possible for all involved … the pet, you, and your family.
(3) Our adoption contracts contain terms which are very specific, and must be adhered to. Pet adoptions do fall under North Carolina state regulations – so PPR, Inc. isn’t always the one “making the rules” that have to be followed.
(4) Adoption contracts are a legally binding agreement.
(5) Adoption donations and fees are non-refundable, per the terms of our contract. Our adoption contract states that PPR, Inc. will always “take a pet back” in the event that Adopter changes his/her mind, the pet doesn’t adjust to the Adopter’s family and/or lifestyle, or the Adopter for some reason is no longer able to care for the pet; however, these conditions are not acceptable grounds for a refund. We expect that our potential adopters have given proper and due consideration to the responsibilities of adopting a pet, and we spend considerable time with each potential adopter to that end. We at PPR, Inc. are human, and do try to understand changes in circumstances beyond our Adopter’s control, so in some
rare cases with extreme circumstances, refunds may be considered by the Director
and/or Board of Directors on a case by case basis.
Why are adoption fees non-refundable??
The adoption fees paid to PPR, Inc. are the lifeblood of
the organization. It is not so much a "cost" paid for the pet
you adopt (and in most cases doesn't cover our investment in that particular
pet), but more a financial contribution towards the future work of the
organization, so that another homeless animal just like the one you're adopting
can be guaranteed their "second chance" at the life they
deserve. An adopter before you paid a donation, which enabled us to
provide the necessary health checkups and medical care required by the pet
you're adopting ... the donation you pay when you adopt your pet ensures that
we'll be able to do the same for the next incoming animal ... continuing the
process. Without these non-refundable adoption donations, we would not be
able to continue helping the large number of animals our programs sponsor
(6) Internet Adoptions allow PPR, Inc. to adopt our animals to out-of-state Adopters. Some rescue organizations do not adopt outside their state, but we at PPR, Inc. feel that our animals deserve the most loving and caring homes possible, and we don’t feel our adoptions should be limited to only residents of North Carolina. Please be aware that our Internet Adoptions do have additional “rules”, which are as follows:
a. Submission of the Adoption Application via the internet constitutes agreement by the potential Adopter to all terms and conditions of our adoption process.
b. Adoption Donations and Fees submitted via our PayPal “Adopt Online” process constitute acceptance, acknowledgement and is representative of the Adopter’s “electronic signature” of our Adoption Contract regardless of whether the Adopter ever mails or faxes
a hand-signed original of the contract back to PPR, Inc.
c. The same terms and conditions apply to our Internet Adoptions that apply to our in-person adoptions.
(7) Transport fees paid to PPR, Inc. or to Pets2Go are NON-REFUNDABLE, regardless of circumstances. Depending on space availability, it may be possible for the Adopter to expedite or delay a transport for which fees have been paid, but this is at the sole discretion of Pets2Go.
to Adoption Agreement Policies
Items (1) & (2) from above also apply to Foster to
(3) Our foster to adoption contracts contain terms which are very specific, and must be adhered to.
a. Veterinary Care
Vet care remains the responsibility of PPR, Inc. during the foster
period. We request your cooperation in controlling expenses by agreeing to
have the pet seen by PPR's veterinarian for any necessary treatments. PPR,
Inc. will make every effort to arrange for a PPR staff member to handle
transportation to/from veterinary appointments, so as not to inconvenience the
Foster. In the event of an "after hours" emergency (outside of
normal veterinary business hours) the pet may be taken to the nearest Emergency
Care Facility; however, the Foster is required to notify PPR, Inc. in person or
by telephone (email and/or voice mails are NOT ACCEPTABLE) within 12 hours of
the pet's treatment to qualify for reimbursement of veterinary expenses
incurred. If PPR, Inc. is not notified within 12 hours, any and all
veterinary expenses incurred shall be the sole responsibility of the Foster in
accordance with the Foster Agreement.
b. Assessment of Transport Fees
In accordance with the terms and conditions of the Foster Agreement, should a
foster voluntarily relinquish a fostered pet or become unable to care for a
fostered pet, regardless of circumstances, "Foster assumes sole
responsibility and expense for returning the dog promptly and safely to PPR,
Inc. Foster shall immediately notify PPR, Inc. of Foster's intent to give
up the dog." If it is necessary for a volunteer or
staff member of PPR, Inc. to arrange commercial transport for and/or pick up the
pet, Foster assumes sole responsibility for transport fees not to exceed $100
per round-trip, with mileage calculated at 0.365 cents / mile or the current
mileage rate allowable by IRS regulations.
(4) Foster to adoption contracts are a legally binding agreement.
(5) Foster to adoption donations and fees are refundable within the
first 30 days, per the following terms:
a. Payments made by personal
checks, credit cards, or PayPal (via the web) are restricted from refund for
a period of 15 business days (not calendar days ... weekends are excluded as
they are not "bank business days") to allow for processing of any
potential "non-sufficient funds" or presentment of chargebacks of any
kind, should there be any unforeseen issues with the payment.
b. Payments made by money
order or cashier's or counter check (any source of "guaranteed" funds
not subject to any form of "automated reversal" of payment) are
immediately refundable with no waiting period.
c. Refunds are processed via the same form
payment was made - except in the cases of money orders, cashier's, or counter
checks, which are issued a refund check. Payments that were originally
made via PayPal are refunded via PayPal. Payments made via personal or
commercial checks are refunded via check, while credit cards are issued a credit
to the original card the charge was placed against.
d. Refunds are subject to a
$50 application and processing fee.
(6) Foster to adoption agreements outside a 50 mile radius
of Charlotte, NC are considered on a case by case basis and are
subject to approval by the Director
and/or Board of Directors.
(7) Submission of the Foster to Adoption Application via the internet constitutes agreement by the potential
Foster/Adopter to all terms and conditions of our adoption process.
(8) Foster to Adoption Donations and Fees submitted via our PayPal online
process constitute acceptance, acknowledgement and is representative of the
Foster’s “electronic signature” of our Foster to Adoption Contract regardless of whether the Foster/Adopter ever mails or faxes a hand-signed original of the contract back to PPR, Inc.
Unless PPR, Inc. is
notified in person or in writing (email and/or voice mails are NOT ACCEPTABLE) before 10AM EST on the 30th day of the trial period that the Foster/Adopter wishes to return or exchange the pet, the Foster to Adoption Donations and Fees remitted to PPR, Inc. become non-refundable and the Foster to Adoption Contract is automatically converted to an Adoption Agreement.
These terms and conditions subject to change and/or modification by PPR, Inc. at any time.
(10) The same terms and conditions apply to our Internet
Foster to Adoption Agreements that apply to our in-person adoption agreements.
(11) Fees incurred for transport by professional couriers to/from
Foster (whether paid to PPR, Inc. or to Pets2Go) are the responsibility of the
Foster/Adopter unless otherwise specified in writing, and are NON-REFUNDABLE, regardless of circumstances.
In the event transport arrangements are made with Pets2Go, and depending on space availability, it may be possible for the
Foster to expedite or delay a transport for which fees have been paid, but this is at the sole discretion of Pets2Go.
© 2002 Precious Paws Rescue, Inc.
Last Update on March 26, 2013 04:10 PM
Back to Adoption Application
Back to Home Page